Translate

01 October 2014

August 21st: Edinburgh Castle and Military Tattoo (Lots of pictures!)

On my trip to the UK I was going to castles a lot!  I was very excited about Edinburgh Castle and I got to go on the 21st of August.  Here are some pictures from my visit:












As you can see, the castle has amazing views of the city - 360 degrees of wonderful views!!  After the castle I went down to an arts and crafts festival that was going on in conjunction with the Fringe Festival.  I bought a greeting card with a frog on it and a necklace made from vegetable ivory!  I stopped in the National Gallery for a bit and saw these two beauties:


I then went to the Scott Monument and I climbed all the way to the top!  It was not easy because the staircases are TINY but it was worth it - again amazing views:




That evening I went to the Military Tattoo!  It was one of the things I wanted to do most and I was very happy that it happened to be going on during my visit.  The Military Tattoo is a show of the Scottish military.  This year was "friends and family" so many other countries that have worked with the Scottish military also participated.  Here are some of my photos from that evening:










It was a wonderful day!!  Here is the art journal pages that I made:



Come back tomorrow for the recap of the first day of my trip to the Isle of Skye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment