Translate

09 April 2013

Worst Weekend Ever

Well this past weekend was one of my worst weekends ever!  I work up at about 230am on Saturday morning and had some sort of bug.  I was throwing up everything I ate, and having cold chills and then over heating and sweating and shaking.  It was like that until about 530pm that evening.  So, I missed everything I was supposed to do on Saturday. Thankfully one of my classmates brought me some ginger ale, Gatorade and Popsicles!  Otherwise I would have been far beyond dehydrated.

 Then on Sunday I finally stopped throwing up but I still had trouble eating and my stomach was still giving me problems and I was so weak from the previous day's antics... so, again, I missed everything.

Monday was better on most accounts, minus the terrible migraine that I had.  Even after taking medicine, my head would pound if I moved.  It was terrible.  I missed work and school on Monday - didn't want to take the chance that I was contagious - or that my immune system was compromised and someone at the hospital could make me sick again.  Better to be extra certain that I was healthy, right?

I am very thankful that I was able to do some get-ahead work on Friday morning before I got sick and therefore even though I missed all my volunteer work that was supposed to happen this weekend I was not behind on homework.

But, I just wanted to let you guys know about the craziness!!  Fingers a crossed for a better rest of the week.... but, almost anything is better than throwing up constantly, so the likelihood is good!

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon, I promise the next post wont be so yucky!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like what we had, the norovirus. Devastating. Lasted several days.

    ReplyDelete