Translate

23 June 2014

Student Veteran Mask Making

Hello friends!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  Last Friday I did a mask making workshop with the student veterans at FSU.  It was a lot of fun and I have many pictures to share with you today!!

Several of the students outlined their masks on their face with lipstick (their own idea):


The next step is to cover the entire face in vaseline so that the plaster does not pull out any of the hairs on the face:

Then the partner builds the mask on the face:


After this the person with the mask waits until the mask is dry enough to remove.  After we removed them we used a heat gun to dry the masks faster and then the veterans decorated the masks however they wished:

It was a great day and I really love getting to spend time sharing my love of art and art therapy with these wonderful student veterans.

No comments:

Post a Comment