Translate

08 August 2013

My Last Day in Palm Bay

On Sunday we went to the beach for a walk!  It was so pretty and the water felt awesome!!


Hillary wrote in the sand ...she drew a heart and put "Emma" inside (that's her still-in-the-womb niece!)

Me and the water!

Someone wrote "Florida 2013" and I took a picture
After our walk on the beach we stopped in downtown Melbourne and went into all the shops!  I had my first Kilwins experience:
I got the toasted coconut and it was YUMMY.

After downtown we stopped at Barns & Noble since I had a 15% off coupon.  I am a nerd, so I got this:

Yep.. a DSM 5!  It was still super expensive after the coupon, but I figure it will be good for many years (hopefully at least!) and I will probably use it for paper writing this next year... and we may even need to purchase it for class (a not yet confirmed rumor).

The last thing I want to share with you guys is a picture of this awesome bag Hillary's mom made for me:


And it came filled with goodies:

A pink (of course) water bottle and a bag of snacks!  It is the perfect size... one of the inside pockets is the exact size of my Moleskin "notes" notebook:

And my liter size water bottle fits inside of it!  Woo!!

Lastly, I wanted to share with you guys the travel art journal pages that I did while on this trip:

 This last one is not really complete, but the background was just gesso over the original page... so I added watercolor to it while we were watching Harry Potter (can't remember which number... probably 3 or 4... we watched 1-4 this weekend!)

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you guys enjoyed my super quick re-cap of the trip!  "See" ya soon.

1 comment:

  1. I so LOVE the bag!! It is perfect for you! The beach photos are so lovely - I am envious!! Have a great time with your folks!!

    ReplyDelete