Translate

08 October 2013

Women Veterans Leadership Conference pt. 3 / Street Fair & the Zoo


This post really is not about the conference at all!  Our flight out of town was Saturday evening and the conference ended Friday afternoon so on Saturday morning we went out to get the San Diego experience!  We were super lucky that a local street fair was happening on Adams street.  We went to check it out.  We got henna - it was a first for both of us:
That's Batiah showing off her henna... for some reason I can't find a picture of mine even though I know I took several.  But, here is a drawing in my art journal that was inspired by my henna which was a half mandala on my wrist:

And we got cut up fruit with chili powder, lime and salt - it was delicious.  I also got a pelvis necklace - You know I had to get it since I have hip problems! After the street fair we went to the San Diego Zoo because that is where everyone said we had to go!  So, here are some photos:



Batiah and I on a lion statue

Giraffes

View of the city from the sky lift

Panda

Polar Bear

Elephant!!

Camel 
After the zoo we headed back to our host's house - they were having a pool day/ BBQ.  We spent some time with them and had some burgers before heading over to the airport to catch our flight!

It was a great trip even though I felt guilty about not doing any homework while I was there.  I hope to learn to not be so hard on myself and figure out how to enjoy the fun times!!  I hope you guys liked seeing all the photos of our journey!  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment