Translate

22 April 2014

Sunday Funday

This past Sunday was good!  I got up and went on my long run.  After I had breakfast and showered I went to get my best friend and we went to an art festival!  I got this bracelet:

I like it!  Then I finished the last piece of homework for this semester!  I still have to study for my comprehensive exam on April 29th and work on my thesis but no more homework for this semester!  Woo.  It feels great to have reached that point.

Then I did some art and I got to use my food processor for the first time!  I made Avocado Dressing:



Here is the recipe....
Combine the following in a blender or food processor: 1 large or 2 small avocados, 1/4 cup olive or grapeseed oil, 1 handful fresh cilantro, 1 jalapeño stem and seeds removed, 2-3 cloves of garlic, juice from 1 lime, 1 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, and 1/4 cup water.

Nutritional Information per 1 TBSP: 56 calories, 5.4 grams fat, .7 grams Sat Fat, 1.3mg Sodium, 2.4 g Carb, 0.9 g Fiber, 1.0g sugar, 0.2 g protein.

Its good!  It came out thick, but I added a little bit of water to the dressing I was going to use on my salad  I only used 1/4 cup of it on my BIG salad (I eat salad out of a serving bowl hehe) when other dressings I have to use more.  So, this dressing is higher calorie but better for me and I use less.  I think that is a win.

I am super excited to use my food processor all summer!  I am going to make soups and hummus and dressings and who knows what else!  My food processor also slices and grates so that are many options!

Well friends, that is all for today!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend like I did.  If you use a food processor I would love to know what your favorite thing to make is, so please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment