Translate

13 September 2014

August 8th: London

On the 8th we went to Buckingham Palace...
We had tea at the palace too!
On the way to our next destination we found this memorial:

Then we went to do one of things I was most looking forward to!  We had afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason!  They do a gluten free tea if you request it so I was super excited about being able to have a real authentic tea that I was able to eat!  Here is my plate of 5 different sandwiches:
Mom got this...
And my stack of tea cakes and scones:


The tea was expensive but I was stuffed when we left and they even sent us away with extra scones and the jam we had left!  It was 100% worth it - a wonderful experience!!

After tea we tried to go to Westminster Abbey...

But it was closed... so, we took pictures with Big Ben:

Then we went to ride the London Eye!!!







The London Eye was really cool - you can see so much of the city from there.  I am pretty scared of heights but I was only nervous once or twice throughout the entire 30ish minutes of the ride.

Here is my journal page about the day:


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment