Translate

15 January 2013

SVA Conference Day 1-3

Right before schools started, Jan 3-6, I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Student Veterans of America National Conference in Orlando, FL.  I got to hear some great speakers including the Honorable Eric K. Shinseki, Secretary, U.S. Dept of Veterans Affairs and George W. Casey, Jr., GEN, U.S. Army (Ret.)  I got to meet a lot of great people including other student veterans, business supporters of veterans, and representatives from veteran friendly organizations.  I learned a lot about what is happening with student veterans across the U.S. and came away with many ideas that I hope to implement here at FSU.

I told you all of that because I wanted to share some photos with you!!  These photos are from the first three days of the conference.  Here they are....

After the meet in greet
me!! 
Friday night they took some of us to Disney....
 They gave us a free dinner and then we got to watch the fire works display...




They boys always think its funny to take picture where it looks like they are proposing to me.
 At first someone thought he actually was proposing.

Saturday night we had a formal banquet, so we got all dressed up nice:
Our University president, the guy right in the middle, spoke at the banquet!

Hope you enjoyed my short recap!  Please come back tomorrow for some extra special pictures from the last day of the conference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment